Accounts Receivable Specialist
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Bandwidth’s Billing and Collection team is responsible for ensuring Business Solutions customers receive accurate and timely invoices and provide timely payment. The Accounts Receivable Specialist would be responsible for improving customer payment collections by improving current processes and building account knowledge and relationships.
What You’ll Do:
- Provides customer service by researching and communicating resolution for customer disputes and by answering customers questions regarding contractual charges, invoice display, payment and account information
- Assist customers and internal teams with escalations and issues related to disconnection or collections processes.
- Interfaces with Bandwidth leadership to effectively communicate status, define critical issues & impacts, design mitigation plans, and articulate/drive required decisions.
- Responsible for account collections and reconciliation; monitors customers’ delinquency, account research, dispute resolution, and maintains contact/resolution notes.
- Responsible for disconnection of account services when requested by customer.
- Identifies, quantifies, proposes, and implements process enhancements to improve cost, billing, and payment cycle time and accuracy/quality of system.
- Builds positive relationships through professional phone contact and email.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; independently exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1-2 years experience in customer service
- Experience in collections, billing, banking or accounts receivable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to focus, complete tasks accurately and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude is a must!
- General accounting and financial reporting as it applies to the billing/collection function.
- Salesforce, NetSuite or Zendesk experience
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.