Business Analyst (Sales & Marketing)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Business Analyst (Sales & Marketing) works under the supervision of the Business Analytics Manager and provides leadership support for planning, analysis and reporting activities for Bandwidth’s Sales and Marketing departments. This position is responsible for driving business insights and decisions through the analysis of large data sets.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You’ll Do:
- Work collaboratively with internal Subject Matter Experts from all Bandwidth departments to identify and refine requirements for information. Use those requirements to build functional data warehouse models. Translate and map business requirements to technical requirements/specifications.
- Document and deliver data analysis, data validation, data mapping/design to drive speed to business leader decision making. Provide self-serve tools that enable leaders to analyze data through many business dimensions with visibility to granular and historical data.
- Implement automation of manual data extracts.
- Distill global insights into business recommendations by identifying meaningful indicators and trends.
- Highlight areas of success and outline areas of opportunity for various Bandwidth departments, sharing those analytics via summary level reporting and guidance from leadership.
- Create positive interactions with BACE through thought leadership, analytical abilities, and effective partnership and communication. Drive improved project execution process, data availability within existing reporting systems, and coordination of overlapping data requests.
- Serve as a key contributor in the design, development, and maintenance of cross-departmental, Key Performance Intelligence reports.
- Create and maintain complex data sets from multiple sources. Analyze large data sets to serve as a source of strategic insight and the development of predictive data models.
- Maintain and grow technical skills as well as develop a deeper understanding of the Communications API business.
What You Need:
- 5+ years’ relevant technical and functional experience in business operations and/or analytics.
- 5+ years’ experience in leading cross-functional teams and developing technical requirements to meet users’ needs.
- 2+ years of financial analytics responsibility
- BS/BA in Information Systems, Business Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Strong analytical and organizational skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce, SQL, MS Excel, Tableau, Domo and other advanced data tools.
- Working knowledge of BI/Data Warehouse functionality. Experience in architecting, designing, developing BI and other analytical reporting solutions using standard BI tools.
- System knowledge including SalesForce or other CRM related systems, and strong knowledge of excel
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication skills required
- Strong leadership capabilities and a track record of working with all levels of end users and stakeholders
- Masters Degree.
- Experience with marketing funnel reporting and attribution.
- Familiarity with SQL and Python.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.