Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Business Analyst works under the supervision of the Business Analytics Manager to provide functional and technical support along with delivery assurance of new releases to our back-office systems. This position is also responsible for requirements analysis, developing and executing user acceptance tests, working closely with product/operations/development teams, and providing Tier 2 triage support for our systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze and solve Tier 2 customer support requests from internal teams, recommending system enhancements when trends or bugs are identified.
- Establish and implement new process enhancements to better scale a Tier 2 support model across the organization, using metrics and data analysis as needed.
- Communicate cross-functionally with front-line Operations teams, Development teams, and Product teams to ensure support requests are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Create and communicate user acceptance tests based on business requirements and cutover plans when needed.
- Execute regular testing of system enhancements to ensure they meet business requirements.
- Maintain and grow technical skills while understanding how our platforms function and communicate.
- Exercise discretion, sound judgment and confidentiality in handling sensitive, revenue or customer-related materials.
- Serve as a dynamic team player who can function as a technical leader and a strong business analyst.
- Capable of learning quickly in a fast-paced work environment, relying on strong organizational, time-management and prioritization skills.
- Possess excellent verbal, analytical and written communication skills, including the capability to lead meetings effectively and efficiently.
What You Need:
- BS/BA in Business, Finance or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a Tier 2 support, analyst or technical role
- Demonstrated knowledge of validating new software releases to make sure business requirements are met
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to determine trends and propose solutions.
- Basic understanding or willing to learn how to decipher server logs, software code, test APIs and develop SQL queries.
- Intermediate-level understanding of the Operational and Technical aspects of VoIP, numbers, and messaging
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or Google Suite products, particularly excel, specifically with extracting, formatting, validating and analyzing complex data sets
- Business analyst certification, Software testing fundamentals
- Dev Ops experience
- Agile Mindset
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.