Business Data Analyst, Finance
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Within the Finance/Tax team, the primary mission of the Business Data Analyst is to provide data support, via SQL and other, to the various branches of the Tax, Regulatory and other Financial Teams. The Business Data Analyst also maintains and constantly improves automated systems that insure the fulfillment of daily Tax and Regulatory Team functions.
What You’ll Do:
- Data gathering, mining and analysis of:
- Big Data – millions of rows of raw data.
- Different database and programming types, both internal and external
- Utilize various data techniques to consolidate data from multiple sources and present financial data in an easily understandable format (Excel, Access/SQL, Powerpoint…).
- Automate reports and data extracts for the Finance and other departments with financial data used for reporting to external regulators and tax authorities.
- Develop automation and utilize tools to maintain and create models that support business and financial analysis.
- Identify and implement automated deviation warning mechanisms to ensure continuous monitoring.
- Assist with the yearly company budgeting exercise and audit processes.
- Analyze existing reporting and redesign as necessary for efficient data reporting based on user requirements and purpose.
- Key user on upcoming BI tool for the financial operations & reporting.
- Assist in data pulls related to team projects involving non-standard requirements and recurring team activities with standard requirements.
- Assist with maintenance and documentation of internal control processes to ensure accuracy of the data and reports.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics required. Knowledge of Accounting and Finance practices is preferred.
- 1+ year in a business statistics or data position or equivalent internship experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including macros and VBA), SQL and Microsoft Access. A conceptual understanding of ERP systems.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively create and produce business process documentation for others. The ability to identify areas for improvement in current systems and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent technical research skills, proven ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize work appropriately and meet deadlines.
- Course studies in Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business Management
- General knowledge of various taxation related topics, including indirect and income tax.
- Netsuite experience is a plus.
- Fluency in UML/BPMN. Experience with Big data, especially Elasticsearch / Kibana.
- Jasper Reporting tool knowledge is a plus.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.