Carrier Relations Manager
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Carrier Relations Manager is responsible for understanding our products, customers, market alternatives, and industry trends to optimize the voice connectivity provider portfolio.
The role ensures the planning, procurement, and provision of high quality, timely and cost-effective interconnects to meet the strategic and operational needs. The role encompasses managing the relationship with the providers supporting our products and customers to deliver access to new countries, cities, and calling capabilities features, in accordance with local regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Do:
• Search for new potential suppliers for fixed/mobile voice and SMS in new countries or within existing countries.
• Compile supplier information and collaborate with internal teams in the assessment of technical, operational, legal, regulatory, financial & commercial environments.
• Ensure that technical competence level and assess the quality of potential suppliers.
• Help the decision process by taking lead in the business case for new suppliers and services.
• Ensure services are delivered in accordance with product management strategies.
• Maintain services delivered in accordance along with company requirements.
• Manage the business relationship with suppliers in the assigned countries and regions
• Hold overall responsibility for all aspects of the supplier’s services and oversee the end to end changes that affect day to day operational and business efficiency.
• Manage contract negotiation with suppliers.
• Hold responsibility for the successful delivery of new suppliers into the business.
• Assess the requirements and ensure the implementation of telephone numbers, capacity, number portability, lawful intercept, directory and emergency services, SMS, and mobile, in collaboration with operational and technical support teams for the managed suppliers.
• Ensure efficient continued operational maintenance through cross-departmental collaboration and provide internal training to internal teams.
• Be the internal reference for carrier cost construction, monitoring, and control within budget and targets.
• Act as an escalation point for any request (technical, commercial, ordering, billing, etc.).
• Measure and report supplier performance in respect of quality and costs to meet business productivity requirements.
What You’ll Need:
• Masters degree level or equivalent through experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Carrier Relations, Product Management, Procurement and Project Management.
• A customer-obsessed mentality.
Sound good? We’re offering…
• A fun and international environment – 8 offices, 34 nationalities
• Competitive salary
• Frequent company events and socials
• Free healthy snacks and drinks, organic coffee for the caffeine addicts!
• Health insurance
• Pension scheme
• Work laptop and mobile phone including monthly plan
Because We care…
Bandwidth is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Bandwidth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.