Carrier Relations Manager (LATAM)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Carrier Relations & Interconnections Manager is responsible for Carrier Relations for the Latin America region and is responsible for understanding our products, customers, market alternatives, and industry trends to optimize the voice connectivity provider portfolio.
The role ensures the planning, procurement and provision of high quality, timely and cost-effective interconnects to drive strategic footprint expansion, features and functionality needs of the business. The role encompasses managing the relationship with the providers supporting our products and customers to deliver access to new countries, cities and calling capabilities and features, in accordance with the local regulatory requirements in the region.
What You’ll Do
- Explore new markets and build new carrier interconnection to support growth objectives.
- Manage the migration of services from a legacy TDM to IP Based SIP trunks.
- Manage the supplier relationships for fixed/mobile voice and SMS in new countries or within existing countries in the region.
- Develop business cases on costs & savings for network expansion and growth to help determine business value, prioritization & budgeting
- Collaborate with internal teams in the assessment of technical, operational, legal, regulatory, financial & commercial environments with suppliers within the region .
- Assess the requirements and ensure the implementation of telephone numbers, capacity, number portability, lawful intercept, directory and emergency services, SMS and mobile, in collaboration with operational and technical support teams for the managed suppliers.
- Provide & facilitate Carrier escalations for technical, commercial, ordering & invoice variances in the Region
- measures and reports supplier performance in respect of quality, costs & reach to meet business productivity requirements.
- Provide support to Infrastructure teams on forecasting & prioritizing work to ensure appropriate resources are available to execute on objectives
- Create and maintain a clear, organized backlog of prioritized work for engineering, leadership, and stakeholders.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a Telecommunications, Cloud or SaaS environment around Procurement, Project Management, Interconnection, Carrier Relations
- Master’s degree or equivalent through experience
- Fluent in English, Spanish and/or Portuguese (written and oral).
- Demonstrated competence in identifying and developing enhancements to voice carrier networks.
- Demonstrated experience with managing suppliers, including negotiations in order to maintain proper quality and costs.
- Experience with network cost financials and cycle times, including but not limited to overall costs and forecasting.
- Experience working in cross functional team with efficient stakeholder management
- Deep understanding of telecom voice, SMS and interconnection services
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and detail-oriented
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.