Carrier Relations Manager
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Carrier Relations Manager is responsible for understanding our products, customers, market alternatives, and industry trends to optimize the voice connectivity provider portfolio.
The role ensures the planning, procurement and provision of high quality, timely and cost-effective interconnects to meet the strategic and operational needs. The role encompasses managing the relationship with the providers supporting our products and customers to deliver access to new countries, cities and calling capabilities features, in accordance with local regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Search for new potential suppliers for fixed/mobile voice and SMS in new countries or within existing countries.
- Compile supplier information and collaborate with internal teams in the assessment of technical, operational, legal, regulatory, financial & commercial environment.
- Ensure that technical competence level and assess the quality of potential suppliers.
- Help the decision process by taking lead in the business case for new suppliers and services.
- Ensure services are delivered in accordance with product management strategies.
- Maintain services delivered in accordance along with company requirements.
- Manage the business relationship with suppliers in the assigned countries and regions
- Hold overall responsibility for all aspects of the supplier’s services and oversee the end to end changes that affects day to day operational and business efficiency.
- Manage contract negotiation with suppliers.
- Hold responsibility for the successful delivery of new suppliers into the business.
- Assess the requirements and ensure the implementation of telephone numbers, capacity, number portability, lawful intercept, directory and emergency services, SMS and mobile, in collaboration with operational and technical support teams for the managed suppliers.
- Ensure efficient continued operational maintenance though cross-departmental collaboration and provide internal training to internal teams.
- Be the internal reference for carrier cost construction, monitoring and control within budget and targets.
- Act as escalation point for any request (technical, commercial, ordering, billing, etc.).
- Measure and report supplier performance in respect of quality and costs to meet business productivity requirements.
What You Need:
- Masters degree level or equivalent through experience
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Carrier Relations, Product Management, Procurement and Project Management
- Fluent in English and Spanish (written and oral), additionally Portuguese language is a strong asset
- A customer obsessed mentality
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.