Corporate Tax Accountant
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a Corporate Tax Accountant to serve as the first point of contact in our help desk ticket system. The successful candidate will solve and close tax tickets in an accurate, timely, and professional manner. Additional responsibilities include preparation of indirect tax returns, support maintenance of indirect tax reporting calendar, support of indirect tax audits, tax research, reviewing billing information for accuracy, maintaining and reconciling records and our general ledger tax accounts. This position requires an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, analytical skills, and strong communication skills are essential. Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines is a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the first point of contact in our help desk ticket system.
- Maintain tax team ticket que. Accurately and reliably provide timely information to our larger internal teams.
- Prioritize problem tickets and escalate for resolution when required.
- Work with cross functional teams to answer or assist with tax related inquiries in the ticketing system or with a customer inquiry that requires more personal attention via the telephone.
- Assist with compiling necessary data for sales and use tax, property tax, and regulatory audits.
- Reconcile various tax accounts on a monthly basis.
- Perform technical research related to taxability of purchases and related exemptions.
- Enter and maintain exemption certificates.
- Resolve notices and outstanding tax issues.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and work under shifting deadlines.
- Assist in other tax projects as assigned.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience in a corporate accounting department
- Prior experience that demonstrates the ability to learn quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to deal with internal and external parties in a professional manner.
- Proven ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work appropriately and meet deadlines with high attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient in Excel
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.