Cost & Routing Manager
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
At Bandwidth, we develop and deliver the power to communicate. If you’ve used a meeting collaboration platform, received a text message from a hyper growth SaaS startup or received a text about the balance of your bank account, chances are we were behind that. We enable companies the elasticity in their communication landscape free from the PSTN network.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a highly motivated, organized and experienced Cost and Routing Manager to work in our London office.
You will be in charge of managing and improving the operational aspects of our outbound telephony product, in particular the cost, quality and routing aspects of it.
What You’ll Do:
● Manage the day-to-day routing of the product
○ Perform the necessary routing changes for both National and International in order to optimize its cost and quality
○ Maintain, continuously update and structure the Global dial plan as well as local dial plans
○ Serve as a point of contact and information distribution to all relevant internal parties regarding changes and developments of the extensive dial plans (both on a local and global scale)
○ Serve as a single point of contact to escalations on customer and provider side concerning routing and dial plans maintenance
● Monitor the traffic on a daily basis
○ Build and share cost and quality reports on a daily / weekly basis
○ Build fraud reports on a weekly basis
○ Take swift action in case of confirmed fraud or quality problems
○ Perform ad-hoc test of routes and providers
● Drive International operational improvements
○ Together with the Carrier team, propose, specify and potentially lead initiative to improve the operations of the product
○ Support the operational launch of new outbound international voice providers
● Manage costs
○ Provide an up to date and consolidated cost database to the rest of the organisation
○ Provision our billing platform with rate and route updates and approve our providers’ invoices accordingly
● International carrier management
○ Contribute to cost verifications and potential disputes with our providers
○ Ensure urgent contact and escalation to the International providers
How you would measure your success:
● Reduction in number of incidents
● Gross margin of the product
● Cost / quality / fraud reporting in place
● Process / tool improvement around the product
What You’ll Need:
● 5+ years of experience in carrier relations.
● Great analytical skills (heavy use of Excel and other analytical tools).
● Proven commercial skills.
● Technical and commercial knowledge on voice termination and interconnection is a must.
Sound good? We’re offering…
• A fantastic working environment from our bright and modern office in Spitalfields, London
• Competitive salary and perks
• Frequent social events and company goodies
• Free healthy snacks and drinks including fancy coffee for caffeine addicts
• Health insurance
• Pension scheme
• Work laptop and mobile phone including monthly plan
Because We care…
Bandwidth is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Bandwidth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.