Customer Communications Specialist
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Customer Communications Specialist (CCS) is a crucial player on the overall Service Experience Team. The CCS will be primarily responsible for authoring/editing/reviewing requested customer communications and shepherding each communication through an established process that defines the message content, incorporates feedback, and obtains approvals before transmission. The CCS will also be responsible for the execution of bulk ticket opens and follow-up as needed.
The role requires a person with excellent written and verbal communication skills, a demonstrated ability to coordinate across multiple departments, and the ability to assimilate feedback from various viewpoints into a single, unified customer communication.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain the Customer Communications Calendar in close coordination with, Marketing, Product Management, and other teams.
- Author original customer communications based upon requests from Operations, Product Management, or other constituent organizations.
- Proactively manage the feedback process for customer communications drafts, collecting and incorporating feedback from multiple stakeholder organizations into a final customer communication document.
- Conduct discovery with applicable stakeholders to fully understand the message needing to be communicated. 5. Investigate and verify the information provided by relevant stakeholders to determine the optimal reach-out plan. 6. Define the required resources for our operational teams to successfully activate this communication. This includes coordinating operational team trainings with the applicable product owners and informing all internal stakeholders of the upcoming customer communications.
- Coordinate between several teams for a successful communication send.
- Package communications for sending by generating contact list, content, and approvals
- Manually send communications when needed based on audience, need, and other factors.
- Partner with other departments to develop the content of the message and work with marketing to align writing styles, tone, and brand voice.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders in our organization to define the target audience and assemble each contact list for our Marketing team to use to distribute each customer communication.
- Assist Service Experience team in updating and enhancing web-based customer content (articles, widgets, videos) associated with customer communications.
- Approach each customer communication as a small project. You are the project manager, leading the overall team through the project while keeping the bigger picture in mind of the overall customer experience.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong history of customer communication creation
- A wizard in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Salesforce.com, and G Suite, Marketo, Dataswell
- Understanding, simplifying, and communicating complex information
- Managing multiple projects with various deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Communicating highly technical concepts into effective communications
- Communicating well and often to stakeholders to coordinate creative solutions under pressure
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Obsessive about brand consistency, tone, writing styles, and format.
- Be tenacious in your approach to corralling feedback from contrasting teams and viewpoints.
- Have an insatiable drive to grow, learn new concepts, and question the status quo
- Developed leadership skills.
- Degree in communications, business management, marketing.
- Previous experience in telecommunications: Product Management, Marketing, Customer Communications or Technical Support
- Strong knowledge of software & telecommunication industry
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.