Data Engineer (ETL)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do feel as you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We are looking for a Data Engineer (ETL) who has passion for data and data technologies to join our Data Engineering team. As a member of this team, you will play a key role in building innovative data solutions and help take our data offerings to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a part of a fast-moving team, working with the latest data tools and technologies
- Work with the team members and functional leads to understand data requirements and validation rules to support moving operational data into Data Warehouse & Data Hub
- Design and develop scalable data pipelines using ETL tools
- Design & implement performant Data Models for BI & Data analytics consumers
- Optimize & re-factor existing data pipelines
- Design & build ETL test automation, data quality checks
- Manage & operate data pipeline jobs
- Troubleshoot & resolve performance issues to meet SLAs
- Provide operational support to satisfy internal reporting/data requests
- Safeguarding of company confidential data through appropriate IT security
What You Need:
- BS. in Computer Science/Engineering
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Data warehousing & data engineering experience
- Experience with Cloud data technologies like Snowflake
- Experience working with Big data solutions
- Experience with extract-transform-load (ETL) Tools
- Strong expertise in SQL
- Experience working with large and complex data sets with multi-terabyte scale
- Must be a team player with positive attitude and ability to collaborate and lead effectively
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.