Data Infrastructure Engineer
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Work as a valued member of the Data Infrastructure team help drive the team’s mission forward:Build automated self-service tooling and infrastructure based on proven technologies for data in motion and at rest.Work directly with many of the core components of our global voice, messaging and emergency network. Solve complex challenges, automate difficult yet repetitive tasks and coach our NOC team to efficiently support the platform operationally. Swiftly implements fixes to mitigate customer impacting issues during off hours on the data infrastructure. Research, plan, propose the better long term solution to be implemented so everyone sleeps better.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain a stable and secure data at rest and in motion Infrastructure , on-prem and in the cloud.
- Help in finding and developing the right solutions to critical needs, often involving massive amounts of data and the need to scale.Bake appropriate metrics, analysis, and alerting into every solution.
- Continuously improve skills and learn new technologies.Act as an SME in the respective data technologies to the broader development & technology teams
- Administration and on-call responsibilities for critical backend data infrastructure.
- Develop, improve and advocate the practice of our data standards, processes and automation to deliver world-class products while suggesting meaningful improvements.
- Build self serve capabilities into the supported backend infrastructure
- Master the world of data at rest and in motion, with particular attention to complicated development, security and compliance needs.
- Work within a high performance agile team.
What You Need:
- 3+ years of experience in running large scale production environments
- Experience in capturing key metrics of the infrastructure services to provide a graphical overview of the systems health and feed monitoring solutions.
- Mastering Architecture, configuration and administration in one or more of the following is required:
- Streaming: Kafka, Kafka Connect, KSqlDB and other Kafka-related technologies
- NoSQL: Cassandra, Clickhouse, Redis, Couchbase
- RDB: MariaDB, Galera, MySQL, Percona, PostgreSQL coupled with Maxscale or ProxySQL
- Strong experience in automation technologies with an emphasis on Ansible.
- Basic understanding of Docker, OpenShift and Kubernetes.
- Experience with metrics and monitoring applications such as DataDog, Elasticsearch, LogicMonitor, etc.
- Experience with automation technologies such as Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Good knowledge of Linux environments
- Familiarity with source control, automation and deployment tools (GitHub, Jenkins).
- Some experience in deploying infrastructure applications to on-prem and cloud environments, especially AWS.
- Familiarity with other languages and scripting languages, specifically Python, Perl, SQL and bash scripts.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop & Mobile phone with a competitive subscription plan, and an internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- We contribute 5% of monthly gross salary into your private pension
- Health & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- Commute to work scheme. Allows you to make huge savings on the cost of Rail and Dublin City Bus (monthly or annual) tickets by deducting the amount directly from your gross salary, saving you between 28.5% and 52%, depending on ticket type and your tax band
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.