Database Administrator (DBA)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) who has a passion for data technologies and automation to join our Data Infrastructure team. As a member of this team, you will play a key role in managing and maintaining our data infrastructure and help take our applications to the next level.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a part of a fast-moving Agile centric team, working with the latest data tools and technologies
- Manage and maintain backend database systems to meet database uptime and performance
- Provide DB support to development teams during the development phase
- Define & Implement DB architecture to support new application development
- Fine tune database configurations to improve performance
- Troubleshoot & resolve Database performance issues to meet SLAs
- Automate database building,maintenance tasks and routines
- Provide operational support to satisfy internal reporting/data requests
- Safeguarding of company confidential data through appropriate IT security
What You Need:
- Hands-on DBA experience in managing MariaDB/MySQL instances
- BS. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Strong DBMS fundamentals and concepts
- Strong expertise in writing and optimizing SQL code
- Must be a team player with positive attitude and ability to collaborate effectively
- Experience in the Telecom sector
- Experience with interpreted programming languages and/or shell scripting (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Experience in automation tools like Ansible
- Experience working with Cloud Database offerings like AWS RDS
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.