Director, Marketing Operations
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Director of Marketing Operations’ mission is to ensure that we have a highly efficient marketing team that is achieving company revenue and pipeline goals. They will oversee the entire “click to revenue” process and make sure we have the people, process and technology in place to generate predictable revenue.
They will oversee a team of marketing operations professionals focused on tech stack management, marketing automation, database management and process improvement. They will lead data strategy development and infrastructure deployment for marketing, including technology ownership (in partnership with Corporate IT) and marketing process governance.
They will work closely with peers in Revenue Operations and Corporate IT to ensure that the marketing systems and processes are aligned with overall company objectives and systems. As a key partner to the VP, Revenue Marketing, this individual will help to orchestrate the annual marketing planning process, helping to create marketing goals that are consistent with sales and product objectives. They will also be responsible for ensuring that all marketing tech stack systems are set up according to best practices, are effective, scalable, measurable, and that every marketing touchpoint is attributable.
The ideal candidate is a data-driven individual with a contagious level of passion for marketing ops. They are excited by the ever-changing world of marketing and revenue technology. They are always exploring best practices in the industry and bringing new ideas to the table.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and implement best in class process and tech stack to build a highly efficient, predictable revenue engine for Bandwidth
- Lead and develop team of marketing operations and automation experts ranging from managers to specialists 3. Work closely with Business Analytics team to create impact-level marketing measurement and executive reporting on marketing’s contribution to the business, including pipeline, funnel velocity,conversion rates by stage, and efficiency metrics by channel, campaign, segment and geo
- Develop and oversee the strategy, operations, management and integration of all tools in the marketing tech stack, including Marketo, Bizible, LeanData, 6sense, Drift and several others
- Serve as owner of the marketing database, ensure we have the proper governance and admin process in place, and work to actively engage and convert leads and contacts within the database
- Own the marketing operations roadmap, ensuring marketing technology is evaluated, selected, implemented and customized to meet the needs of the marketing team
- Partner closely with legal department to ensure that we are in compliance with all data privacy regulations 8. Manage cross-functional projects and relationships with Revenue Operations and Corporate IT teams and other Bandwidth groups to ensure proper deployment, integration, and use of marketing tech stack into other Bandwidth systems
- Meet regularly with industry analysts and peers in the industry to learn about process and tech developments that could benefit Bandwidth
- Champion a data-driven mindset within the marketing org, and inspire the team to focus on process improvement and efficiency
- Clearly communicate updates around technology implementation, data policy and process re-engineering within marketing
- Coordinate the budget strategy and manage the budget allocation and reconciliation process
- Regularly communicate strategy, results, and recommendations effectively to senior sales and marketing leadership
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years marketing operations experience with a high-growth tech company
- Global, public company experience preferred
- Proven experience serving, collaborating with and influencing executive management
- Seasoned people manager with proven ability to lead and grow a team of technical employees
- Ability to think strategically and define the vision and also jump in and act tactically to help the team 6. Expert knowledge of marketing funnel metrics and benchmarks. Thinks in terms of LTV, ROI, and impact on the bottom line of the business
- Advanced proficiency with Marketo; Marketo Certification expected
- Advanced proficiency with Salesforce
- ABM experience preferred
- Deep experience with a range of martech tools, including 6sense, Google Analytics, Bizible, Leandata, Drift, Zoominfo, Siftrock and others
- Comfortable and energized operating in a fast-paced environment
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.