Director, Product Management (Numbers)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Director, Product Management is an individual contributor role that may include or evolve into a people leadership role. They lead development focused on the global market which includes serving large global 2000 enterprises and the world’s leading SaaS, UCaaS and CCaaS cloud provider customers. They are a product owner, responsible for leading a development team, setting priorities, and working with customers to build solutions that solve their problems. They are responsible for setting the product vision and direction for their group for the next 2-3 years, instituting product processes, shared goal setting, and working to enable teams to quickly identify and solve problems. They are a lifelong agile learner and aspiring or current master of agile processes and have managed products with 3+ scrum teams. They are a coach and mentor to other product owners and scrum teams. They own setting goals to guide the prioritization of the product direction and product strategy for building new features and products. To ensure the product’s overall success, they partner with Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Finance, among others, to define and execute the product strategy, and ensure early and repeatable success of major product launches.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and own the long-term product vision, develop the product strategy for bringing the vision to reality and drive execution towards it through product ownership and scrum product teams by setting direction and goals.
- Evaluate product progress towards the product vision and be accountable for business outcomes such as product adoption by customers.
- Make key results and goals visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Lead suppliers and global partners as needed to deliver a complete product solution to customers.
- Be the voice of the customer. Lead product discovery with customers to define software capabilities and solutions that bring market success to both Bandwidth and our customers..
- Act as primary internal liaison, collaborating with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc.) to identify go-to-market strategies, plans, and pricing frameworks. Ensure stakeholders are aligned and committed.
- Ensure the product is designed based on deep knowledge of the users, market, and technology translating market observations and customer feedback into a prioritized product backlog
What You Need:
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 3+ of people leadership experience, demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and retain people to form a strong, motivated product team
- Experience working with Agile Scrum Methodologies and designing team topologies partnered with technology people leaders
- Experience managing and growing a SaaS or cloud platform required, messaging experience a plus but not required
- Data focused, ability to combine internal user data and customer feedback to map the product experience
- Highly analytical skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- Blend strategic and tactical thinking- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent and clearly communicate and engage with key stakeholders like leadership, other product/engineering teams, operations, and customers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.