Director, Product Marketing (Cloud Comms)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Director of Product Marketing is responsible for defining and driving the Cloud Comms segment overall go to market strategy for each product. This individual is an accomplished, dynamic leader who can build and lead a product marketing organization to support the company’s rapid growth, and ensure that we achieve our revenue targets.
This individual will work closely with the Product Management, Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams, to define and execute overall go to market plans. They will have clear insight into market dynamics, competitive landscape, and long-term industry trends and will help to determine the segments and personas that are the best fit for our products. They will steer the organization and help to evolve our product market strategy based on market dynamics. They are a thought leader and master story-teller, serving as a critical translation layer between technology and the broader market – bringing the benefits of our products to life and ensuring that all stakeholders fully understand our value proposition. Most importantly, they will build out a team of product marketing leaders, who will serve as a critical voice of our customers across the entire business.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You’ll Do:
- Ownership of go-to-market strategy for each product within the Cloud Comms market segment, and a path to meet associated revenue targets.
- Ensure that we have comprehensive go to market strategy for each product.
- Serve as the champion for the overall competitive market internally – regularly brief senior leadership on the state of the market and Bandwidth’s position within the market.
- Ensure that reporting on all KPIs is up to date and tracked regularly.
- Build and nurture a team of product marketing leaders, ensuring they are prepared for success, and able to influence across the business in support of their own missions.
- Make adjustments real-time to our strategy based on sales performance.
- Oversee our sales readiness / training program to ensure that the program is aligned with product strategy and goals.
- Act as a product spokesperson in support of training, press, demand creation, tradeshow, and analyst relations activities.
- Provide updates on product roadmap and performance to sales and marketing team on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that we’ve defined target segments, use cases and personas for each segment and product then work with team to create materials for each persona.
- Define the key messages for each product, and work with the team to create all necessary demand generation and sales enablement tools for each product – competitive analysis, key message docs, call scripts, product collateral, pitch decks, demos, videos, press releases.
- Identify specific prospects with each segment, then work with Demand Creation and Sales on a strategy to educate and attract those prospects.
- Attend customer meetings with Sales reps, lead product demos, and help to fine tune our pitch based on observations in the meetings.
- Work with Sales Operations and Product Management to create promotions and special incentives to drive customer adoption.
- Attend industry events to remain current on overall market conditions, customer needs and competitive landscape.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Prior software strategic and product marketing or management experience is required (8-10 years minimum).
- Software development experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software development life cycle, agile methodologies, and Pragmatic Marketing.
- High level of customer focus, establish and maintain good customer relationships as an organizational leader.
- Analytic and strategic thinking, solid decision making skills in the face of imperfect data.
- Strong planning, written and verbal communication skills (incl. public speaking and teaching).
- Strong sense of ownership and dedication to accomplish goals and succeed.
- Proficient in system analysis, procedure analysis, and problem resolution is required.
- Collaborate effectively and lead executives and other people around the business to get to a consensus on roadmap and deliverables.
- Ability to travel up to 25% is required
- MBA is a plus.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.