Ethics and Compliance Specialist
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Ethics and Compliance Specialist with strong analytical and organizational skills to join Bandwidth’s Ethics and Compliance Team. In this role, you will provide support on ethics and compliance matters that arise in a rapidly growing global business. No two days are likely to be the same, and we’re seeking an individual who will find that energizing.
This job is ideal for the person who is equally comfortable working independently on projects and collaborating with colleagues across functions and geographies.
What You’ll Do:
In this newly created role, you will help ensure that the company’s initiatives and operations comply with applicable laws, regulations, and our own policies, including our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. This role includes a variety of routine tasks and ad hoc assistance in support of the Ethics and Compliance Program. Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding current trends and best practices relating to the elements of the Ethics and Compliance Program, and helping to ensure that our compliance policies and processes meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Working collaboratively with Bandwidth’s Vendor Procurement Team, Privacy Team, Risk Team, and Commercial Legal Team, as needed, to provide input on customer and vendor assessments and requests.
- In the area of export control compliance: understanding export control requirements, tracking, analyzing, and documenting the results of export control screening, clearly communicating escalations, and monitoring the effectiveness of automated screening processes.
- Providing support for the investigation of complaints and concerns reported to the company, including through the Ethics Hotline.
- Assisting with training for internal teams, including developing and maintaining materials and monitoring compliance with mandatory training courses.
- Reviewing and managing conflict of interest disclosures.
- Maintaining files, logs, and other records pertaining to Ethics and Compliance Program work.
- Assisting with the performance of regular and ad hoc reviews of the company’s compliance processes, including reporting methods.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic credentials.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a regulatory or compliance environment, preferably in a global organization. Familiarity with export controls is ideal, but not required (willingness to learn is a must).
- The ability to grasp complex issues rapidly and accurately.
- Excellent judgment, discretion, communication skills, and attention to detail.
- A systematic approach to organization and planning.
- A willingness to pitch in on major and minor tasks alike.
- The flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities.
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and prioritize competing demands.
- A desire to work with colleagues in other time zones.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.