Fraud Analyst Intern – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
As the Fraud Analyst Intern with Bandwidth Fraud Mitigation team, you will assist with stopping fraud across Bandwidth’s Text Messaging Network. Being a part of this team, you will understand how to monitor text messaging data, identify fraudulent activity, and stop fraudsters in their tracks.
What You’ll Do:
- Help the fraud team Prevent, Detect, and Mitigate fraud
- Assist with data analytics to improve Bandwidth’s ability to detect and stop text messaging spam.
- Create and improve automation to alert Fraud Analysts of potentially fraudulent traffic.
- Assist in drafting requirements, develop new tools and reports to improve Fraud Mitigation efficiency.
- You will gain the experience opening, solving and closing Fraud/AUP violation related trouble tickets.
- Understand how to detect patterns, detect threshold crossings, and detect fraudulent anomalies.
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors or graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Analytics, or an equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years experience
- Experience in fraud identification/investigation is not required, but helpful. Interest in preventing, detecting, and stopping fraud and abuse.
- Experience with data analytics methods to identify trends and statistical significance.
- Comfort working with large datasets.
- Experience using a business intelligence application such as Sisense, Looker, Domo, Tableau, or PowerBI to help identify trends and make decisions.
- Experience using Python to create basic automation (triggers, alerts, etc).
- Experience with Kafka or other streaming data desired.
- Experience identifying patterns and debugging data problems and anomalies.
- Professional communication skills (may include customers, carriers, government agencies, and the public).
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple leadership and fraud mitigation tasks and deadlines.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.