Fullstack Developer (Numbers & CX)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
Our Hiring Team Mission:
The Numbers and Customer Experience teams enable our customers to configure their SaaS and telecom products through our web portal and automate their workflow through our REST API and SDKs.
We are looking for talented and empathetic software developers to help take our customer-facing APIs and web portal to the next level. If designing and building cloud-first applications with a team that thrives on collaboration sounds like your idea of a good time, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
Our product development teams are responsible for developing orchestration, integration, and automation tools that power global communications applications. We’re looking for software developers who will design and develop solutions, from proofs of concept to the production releases.
- Your team will drive a cloud-first approach to solving some of Bandwidth’s most complex business problems through creating and maintain REST APIs, customer-facing dashboards, and the infrastructure that powers it all
- Your team will have full end-to-end ownership of the services you create, from design and development to operations and monitoring in production
- Your team will consist of people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds located in different places around the world, with whom you will collaborate daily
- Your team will have flexible working locations and hours, and your manager will work with you to enable this within your team
What You’ll Need
We have opportunities in our teams for developers at all levels. As an example, people currently in this role typically have:
- Experience with a managed back-end language (such as Java or C#)
- An understanding of network protocols, HTTP, and REST
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
- A 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You have expertise in Java and Spring Boot in a Linux environment
- You’ve built and deployed applications in the cloud (such as AWS or GCP)
- You have experience with test automation patterns and frameworks
- Experience with front-end development, preferably with React
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.