Global Account Director, Amazon
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Global Account Director, Amazon is responsible for leading the execution of sales and business development initiatives into Amazon. This person will help us define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions. It is their job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, product and technology leadership and other leaders to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. This role will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs. They also serve as leaders within the business development team, setting the standard for performance and results, and assisting the creation of new processes and structures.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to business development initiatives that are consistent with the BU’s overall strategy.
- Drive revenue generation and development of strategic partnerships.
- Create go-to-market strategies in partnership with product and other stakeholders.
- Must be able to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and the company’s competitors.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work with legal counsel as required.
- Identify new market opportunities, evaluate them and assess their viability.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
What You Need:
- Pre-existing relationships with Amazon contacts within Connect, Alexa, Chime etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing is required, with an MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of business development, marketing, and/or sales experience within a long sales cycle
- Experience marketing or selling products or services in a high-growth environment.
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing
- Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.