Graphic Design Intern – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a passionate Graphic Designer Intern to join our in-house creative team for Summer 2022. They will join a team responsible for all aspects of creative and branding, and gain hands-on experience creating concepts that work across every type of media. This is a fast-paced work environment, so attentiveness and the ability to handle multiple projects with ease are a must. Most importantly, this role will learn how to sell their designs in an internal agency environment to non-designers (one of the biggest challenges all designers face).
What You’ll Do:
- Think creatively and strategically about how design can be a tool to drive revenue results
- Work on every type of project including ads, website pages, slide decks, illustrations, social images, environmental design, illustrations, swag branding, & more!
- Learn from and assist a team of senior graphic designers, multimedia specialists, and more!
- Collaborate with external and internal partners in the development of strategic concepts and executions from creative brief through project completion
- Participate in highly collaborative strategy sessions and regular status meetings
- Push the brand creatively and bring new ideas to the table
What You Need:
- Currently pursuing degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Multimedia or equivalent
- The ability to be a nimble, dynamic, and poised executor
- Top-notch skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign), experience in Adobe XD, HTML, CSS, Figma, or basic animation is a plus
- An appreciation for brand systems
- A resume with no typography mistakes!
- Don’t cringe in fear when you hear the words detail-oriented and time-management
- Love illustrating & layout
- Know when to buckle down and get stuff done
- Think looking for ways to gain efficiencies, reduce time to launch, and improve content engagement
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.