Information Security Analyst (Cloud Security)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Bandwidth is looking to add an Information Security Analyst (Cloud Security) to our growing SecOps team supporting multiple applications, tools and services in a global, 24×7 customer-facing environment. The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for identification, investigation and resolution of security detection events with primary focus on Cloud. The Information Security Analyst will work with peers in security and information technology departments to ensure cloud security compliance and design.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of cloud security including awareness of new or revised security designs, improved security processes and best practices.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise and cloud security.
- Monitor security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Review security events and reports; Interpret the implications of the activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
- Participate in investigations into problematic activity; Incident response team.
- Assist in the execution of vulnerability scanning and provide assessment of vulnerability reports.
- Work with technology teams, provide security guidance and assistance.
- Assist in security threat and impact assessments as input to the overall information security strategy from security solutions.
- Participate in compliance and IT audits.
- Assist in incident response planning and testing.
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture.
- Participate in the ISC (Information Security Committee); support and assist with Bandwidth’s security awareness training program.
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan, Disaster Recovery Plan and Data Governance Plan.
- Participate in answering RFPs related to security; Assisting with Vendor Risk Management.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- One or more of the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, GIAC Information Security Fundamentals, Associate of (ISC)2 or CISSP.
- 4 years of experience in IT related roles; 2 years of Information Security experience required.
- Understanding of security best practices, standards and principles.
- Proficient in Windows, Linux operating systems and AWS services.
- Working knowledge of security tools, vulnerability scanners, compliance and integrity and assessing results.
- Working knowledge of SIEM and incident handling.
- Experience in enterprise IT security architecture design.
- Experience designing and delivering employee security awareness training.
- Experience with Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.