Information Technology (IT) Intern – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
As the Information Technology (IT) Intern with Bandwidth IT Team, you will be working alongside our dedicated team of support professionals in our Corporate Offices. Your main responsibility will be to assist with various IT projects and tasks to gain an understanding of how technology is implemented and supported by our organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the first-line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems.
- Assist with onboarding of new users including account creation in AD and other SaaS applications
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention to the appropriate teams
- Assist the team in configuring, testing, and implementing new products and processes
- As assigned, work on auditing various systems and processes. These would include but are not limited to, Active Directory, GSuite, Okta, etc.
- Additional projects as assigned.
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or an equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of customer service experience
- 0-1 years of IT support experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong self-motivation and willingness to tackle problems
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.