Internal Communications Intern
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
As the Internal Communications Intern, you will work with Bandwidth’s Internal Communications Team creating and planning engaging content tied to the promotion and amplification of internal programs and initiatives, and showcasing the unique stories and accomplishments of Bandmates.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on cross-functional projects with wide-ranging goals and priorities
- Assist in the preparation and execution of communications plans
- Collaborate with teammates, providing unique perspectives and solution-oriented ideas
- Develop project timelines and ensure deadlines and specifications are met in advance
- Provide internal communications support across teams and departments
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar for multiple platforms and channels
- Write stories for newsletter and other internal communications channels
- Partner with and build relationships with other interns for an innovative final internal comms project
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent course of study
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with digital communications tools, channels and trends
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Interest in communications industry and emerging platforms
- Experience with Google Workspace a plus
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.