IT Network Engineer
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
As a IT Network Engineer you will be the face of corporate technology team. This role will have a strong emphasis on customer service both internally and externally. This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skillsets ranging from IP networking, VoIP knowledge, working open-source systems among other things. A passion for design, implementation and management of the current network is pivotal. Have great ideas for our future network, we want to hear them!
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do feel as you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You’ll Do:
- Configure and maintain internal corporate routers, firewalls, switches and 802.11 Wireless Access Points
- Work in IP Networking environment with special emphasis on routing protocols like BGP, OSPF
- Configuration, maintain, and troubleshoot IPS/IDS Systems and network security services
- Work in a Linux/Unix environment
- Primary point of contact for troubleshooting issues related to the network
- Work with local ISP’s on resolving WAN issues
- Troubleshoot advanced LAN and WAN issues
- Responsible for monitoring & reporting issues related to our internal network
- Provide remote network configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of remote office locations
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 5+ years in IT
- Mid to large Network Engineering deployments
- Configuring and troubleshooting routers, switches, firewalls and VPNs.
- Designing, Deploying and maintaining Enterprise Wireless Networks.
- Integrating Network Authentication into an Active Directory/Radius Architecture
- CCNA or equivalent certification
- 8+ Years in IT
- IPS/IDS Cisco FireSIGHT.
- VoIP experience
- Familiarity with interpreted programming languages and/or shell scripting (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of open source VoIP network components (Asterisk and Freeswitch)
- CCNP or equivalent certification
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.