IT Support Engineer
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for Mac/Windows/Linux laptop support, assist with G-Suite and other Cloud Application support, along with general support of all things IT related. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently and in a team environment. The candidate will manage assigned tickets, working with customers to initiate problem solving for related issues. This role is also responsible for onboarding/offboarding employees and the tracking of IT Assets. Candidates must have outstanding customer service skills, possess strong communication and presentation skills, and have a proven ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
1. Work with internal customers to identify, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner.
2. Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop, notebook (PC, Mac, Linux) and peripherals.
3. Perform Active Directory administrative tasks for users and groups.
4. Install and configure software on Linux, Mac, Windows.
5. Maintain and troubleshoot conference room audio visual equipment.
6. Assist with the streaming of meetings and content as required.
7. Set up, configure printers, scanners and other peripherals.
8. Document issue resolution using the help desk ticketing system.
9. Maintain and track inventory of all hardware and software resources and parts.
10. Work with outside vendors as needed.
11. Execute other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 1-2 years’ experience with setup, configuration, troubleshooting of desktop hardware and software is required.
• Active Directory, Windows, Mac, and Linux OS.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience working in a structured, process-driven environment.
• Experience supporting remote users, including VPN connections. OS package installation, basic troubleshooting.
• Microsoft Windows (7,10) and Office Suite. Some knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, RADIUS, etc.).
It would be great if you also had:
• Information Technology related certifications (A+, Net+, Security+, etc).
• Desktop Support work experience.
• Root cause analysis, advanced troubleshooting skills.
Sound good? We’re offering…
• A fantastic working environment from our bright, modern and serviced office in Dublin, Ireland, close to the beautiful Stephens Green
• An opportunity to work with a diverse workforce from across 34 nationalities.
• Competitive salary and perks
• Meet-up and travel opportunities for knowledge exchange
• Healthy snacks and drinks including fancy coffee for caffeine addicts
• Communication allowance
• Health insurance
• Pension scheme
• Bike to work scheme
• Company devices and goodies
• Regular social events and (unforgettable) company events… we’re a fan of fun!
Because We care…
Bandwidth is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Bandwidth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.