Legal and Compliance Intern – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Do you crave innovation? At Bandwidth, we live for it. We power some of the most exciting brands and technology on the internet with our developed products in intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services—backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network. Simply changing the way people communicate, connect and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
As a Legal and Compliance Intern with Bandwidth’s Legal Team in Raleigh, you’ll be part of a dynamic team helping the business solve complex issues and managing the company’s legal and regulatory obligations. You will have the opportunity to participate in projects across multiple subject areas, including corporate and regulatory compliance, litigation, data security and privacy, and corporate governance.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide support for a global compliance program, including assisting with the development of resources, guides, and training for our global employee base
- Conduct research and analysis in support of regulatory, litigation, and compliance projects, and provide recommendations to team members
- Draft memos, emails, and talking points
- Participate in cross-functional meetings with members of other departments
- Assist with vendor and customer screening
- Assist as needed with corporate governance tasks, including subsidiary entity management
- Support the global privacy & data security team, including through research, benchmarking, and drafting internal and external documents
What You Need:
- Pursuing a J.D. degree, entering your second year of law school
- Knowledge of or desire to learn about compliance, data security and privacy, litigation, and corporate governance
- Adaptable and eager to learn new things
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and research skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, and outcome-oriented
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritize competing demands
- Authentic, sound judgment, and a sense of humor
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.