Legal & Regulatory Counsel
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
At Bandwidth, we develop and deliver the power to communicate. If you’ve used a meeting collaboration platform, received a text message from a hyper growth SaaS startup or received a text about the balance of your bank account, chances are we were behind that. We enable companies the elasticity in their communication landscape free from the PSTN network.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Legal & Regulatory Counsel to come and join our Legal Department, based in Singapore, as we continue with exciting projects, facilitating communication worldwide.
As a Legal & Regulatory Counsel, you are responsible to ensure legal and regulatory compliance in the country of the coverage under your responsibility. You will provide daily legal and regulatory advice with regards to Bandwidth services, advising different business units and actively following up on any legal and regulatory changes that may impact the business.
You will propose the actions to be taken in order to ensure compliance of Bandwidth services with the applicable laws in countries of coverage. You will negotiate different types of service agreements with suppliers, as well as interconnection agreements. You will provide support with regards to any legal or regulatory research, analysis or follow-up action to the business units and to the Associate General Counsel and maintain all processes and regulatory information up to date
What You’ll Do:
Advice and compliance
● Be responsible for maintenance of the regulatory conditions of the countries service coverage;
● Analyse the regulatory framework in countries under responsibility, monitor and advise changes in the law that affect Bandwidth activities, advise on regulatory conditions and risks;
● Draft regulatory analyses on key projects.
● Answer to internal and external questions linked to a country under responsibility;
● Liaise with appropriate authorities;
● Foster compliance with licensing and numbering conditions in existing countries;
● Advise about obligations associated with the usage of specific numbering resources;
● Review and negotiate supplier agreements linked to services in the country of coverage;
● Review public consultations relevant to Bandwidth services and draft position papers;
● Provide support to the Cooperation with Law Enforcement Department with regards to law enforcement authority’s requests;
● Provide adequate support to the business units, as the case may be, on specific regulatory projects.
● Create and maintain up-to-date regulatory compliance documentation for each country of the coverage.
What You’ll Need:
● Bachelor or Master’s degree in law.
● At least 2 to 3 years of experience preferably within the IT/Telecoms market.
● Focus in Telecommunication law while studying or relevant exposure to it in previous working experience.
● Looking forward to join a global and multicultural company.
● Computer literate.
● Fast learner and able to grasp complex issues rapidly and accurately.
● Self-starter with self-driven initiative to continue learning.
● Experience working with multiple stakeholders and teams.
● Analytically minded; with a strong eye for details.
● Takes ownership and goes above and beyond the given mission to achieve company goals.
Sound good? We’re offering…
• A fun and international environment – 8 offices, 34 nationalities
• Competitive salary
• Frequent company events and socials
• Free healthy snacks and drinks, organic coffee for the caffeine addicts!
• Health insurance
• Pension scheme
• Work laptop and mobile phone including monthly plan
Because We care…
Bandwidth is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Bandwidth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.