Manager, Messaging Traffic Assurance
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Manager of Messaging Traffic Assurance is responsible for the creation, management, and continuous improvement of Bandwidth’s messaging (SMS/MMS) traffic monitoring and deliverability operations, including campaign registration support and spam and fraud mitigation. This role will lead a team of experts who will work cross functionally with Operations, Product, Legal, Technology and Sales to establish and enforce processes and policies that align with best practices for both Bandwidth’s network and the greater messaging industry ecosystem. Help Bandwidth maintain a trusted, high quality messaging platform while stopping spam.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the creation and execution of messaging content filtering standards and metrics. Maintain clear policies and processes to ensure best practices in message sending and deliverability.
- Manage the messaging campaign registration and approval processes needed to align with Bandwidth, industry, and vendor policies.
- Lead efforts to refine and improve the quality of Bandwidth’s messaging traffic and prioritize internal actions and changes based on level of impact.
- Drive a content filtering and escalation process that focuses on swift results and clear, data-based actions to address fraudulent or unwanted traffic.
- Design, build and lead customer-facing programs designed to help customers send wanted and expected messaging campaigns while maintaining compliance with Bandwidth and industry policies and best practices.
- Serve as the internal subject matter expert at Bandwidth on industry and customer use case trends and patterns within the messaging ecosystem.
- Own the creation, improvement, and presentation of data reporting, automation, and tooling to inform and scale team processes as Bandwidth traffic grows and changes over time.
- Prioritize team decisions based on the needs of the company and rigorously communicate any cross-functional impacts from team processes and policy changes.
- Foster relationships with key cross-functional teams and educate them on policies and standards that are used to inform all processes (Bandwidth content policies, CTIA guidelines, TCPA, etc).
- Lead the team through customer & executive escalations, as needed.
- Employ stellar problem-solving skills combined with technical understanding of Bandwidth policies and products.
- Develop and implement metrics which evaluate the team’s contributions.
- Act as a forward-thinking leader by uncovering and exploiting new opportunities.
- Mentor team members and emerging leaders to provide tenacious support.
- Represent Bandwidth at professional conferences and form relationships with industry peers.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject preferred.
- 2 years of experience creating and enforcing SMS/MMS content policy for a telecommunications company.
- Experience using SMS/MMS content filtering software.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and proficiency in other MS-Office applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of SMS spam and smishing tactics, and detection tools.
- Knowledge of regulations and industry best practices within the telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of general data analytics principles and tools.
- Advanced degrees, certifications, or professional education
- 1 or more years managing a team.
- Experience with Salesforce, data visualization tools (Domo, Tableau, etc.), or other cloud-based business management tools.
- Experience with AdaptiveMobile’s spam filtering software.
- Advanced knowledge of data management and data analytics including statistical analysis and machine learning concepts.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.