Marketing Intern – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Marketing Intern will work across the Bandwidth marketing segment team, working toward creating, building, and activating a campaign over the course of the summer. Their time will be spent working with and learning from Product Marketing, Integrated Marketing and Campaigns, as well as Program and ABM Marketing teams. They will research our competitive market, listen in on sales calls, and use their knowledge to identify a campaign opportunity. From there, they will work across the full Marketing team to build their campaign strategy and help bring that campaign to life. Their final month will be spent activating and measuring the campaign with Bandwidth’s sales and ABM teams. They will also assist in building out and maintaining our collateral and marketing playbooks in Highspot, focusing in on the critical relationship between sales and marketing.
What You’ll Do:
- Compile competitive intelligence via Gong, salesforce notes, direct sales feedback, news, and other outlets
- Work hand in hand with the marketing team to employ a mix of creative tactics aimed at bringing new and fresh ideas to the table, aimed at driving revenue.
- Partner with demand gen and the sales team to bring a campaign to life, working across multiple demand channels
- Work closely with sales to ensure top targets are being followed-up on and creative tactics are being used to engage at every part of the sales funnel.
- Learn from and work closely with marketing analysts to understand campaign goal setting, tracking and evaluating measurements of success
- Play an active and ongoing role in evaluating campaign performance and make creative recommendations as to how we can pivot or augment our approach, if needed.
- Assist with creative requests related to deck development and collateral review for sales dissmentation.
- Work closely with members of the marketing team (product marketing, creative services, digital marketing) as well as others in sales, product, operations and technology teams.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of Highspot, ensuring our collateral and playbooks are easy to search for, deploy, and meeting performance goals
What You Need:
- Working towards bachelors degree in business, marketing, communication or an equivalent degree
- Strong communication skills, including superior writing ability
- Familiarity with LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram required
- Basic marketing knowledge
- Interest in technology preferred
- Familiarity with Google Workspace preferred
- Marketo and Salesforce experience a bonus
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.