Messaging Compliance Specialist
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Messaging Compliance team serves as a primary point of contact for the Bandwidth Sales, Product, Legal, and Customer Operations teams regarding customer campaign approvals and the process by which all A2P text messaging campaigns are submitted, reviewed, and approved. This is a customer-facing team that requires a high customer success driver with equal attention to best practices within the messaging industry and a consultative, educational approach to interfacing between Bandwidth and the customer.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide oversight, direction, training, and support to internal stakeholders, as well as customers, to ensure timely and appropriate processing of customer requests for A2P text messaging campaign approval.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for compliance regulation within the messaging industry by handling customer questions, escalated requests/complaints or other similar duties.
- Provide support for team members and internal stakeholders in resolving problems and escalations by leveraging expertise, experience, and relationships with our messaging vendors.
- Act as a trusted representative of team management to internal stakeholders. Independently represent the team’s interests in cross functional meetings and projects.
- Create, implement, and maintain internal processes and policies to address needed changes and improve team functions.
- Partner with messaging vendors, when necessary, to continuously advocate for streamlined processes.
- Remain up-to-date on industry standards and trends to ensure the company’s policies and practices are aligned.
- Create and present reporting to immediate leadership on team activity.
- Create an effective team environment with a willingness to work with others to achieve a shared goal.
- Assist in other projects and day-to-day Business Operations tasks as needed.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer facing role.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working directly within the SMS industry or similar experience working within compliance and policy interpretation.
- Experience independently representing a team in interdepartmental projects or meetings and owning the outcomes.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Salesforce or other CRM software, and ZenDesk or equivalent customer ticket system required.
- Proven record of success in leading collaboration with other teams to scope and deliver solutions that solve problems or improve processes while delivering an excellent level of service to the customer.
- Ability to lead, train, and mentor others.
- Ability to independently focus and complete tasks using excellent verbal and written communications skills and represent the company in a clear and professional manner to the customer base with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working under pressure and have the ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.