Network Data Science Intern – Summer 2023
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
During Summer 2023, as a Network Data Science Intern, you’ll be at the forefront of empowering Bandwidth to gain valuable insights from our network data. You’ll work with leadership and team members to understand complex business needs, and then design, develop and implement data-driven solutions. You have an eye for detail, but can also think abstractly and creatively about big challenges. You can create novel solutions that will support Network Operations and Bandwidth by making sense of our data, and taking action.
What You’ll Do:
- Use statistical inference, machine learning and data mining techniques to gain insights and value from Bandwidth’s data lake and large datasets
- Develop machine learning models that drive insight and action from Bandwidth’s data warehouse
- Work with leadership, team members and internal stakeholders to design, develop, and implement novel data-driven solutions to complex business problems related to Network Operations
- Support the Network Operations and associate Network Engineering teams to use data to make better decisions, and to operate smarter and faster
- Communicate information and findings to leadership, team members and internal stakeholders in a simple and understandable manner
- Serve as a statistics and machine learning subject matter expert within the team
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or an equivalent course of study
- Experience using Python (pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn), and similar programming languages
- Expertise of statistical inference and machine learning techniques such as hypothesis testing, regression, classification, clustering, cross-validation – all to understand and model large datasets
- Strong knowledge of data structure (specifically SQL) and REST APIs
- The ability to translate complex business needs into tangible problems that can be solved via data mining, analytics, statistical inference, and predictive modeling
- High self-motivation, strong organizational and productivity skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage complex projects with little or no guidance
- Strong communication skills and the ability to simplify and explain information and findings to leadership, team members, and other internal stakeholders
- Experience designing, building and implementing data-driven production applications and systems
- Familiarity with the Apache Hadoop ecosytem, Kafka, Spark, Flink and other similar technologies
- Familiarity with containerization and continuous integration solutions such as Docker, Jenkins, Ansible and Red Hat OpenShift
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees called Bandwidth Cares.
- Fitness: 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
- As a member of our intern program, you’ll obviously gain some great professional experience. You’ll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns
from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth’s business.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.