Network Operations Center (NOC) Systems Engineer
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
As a Network Operations Center (NOC) Systems Engineer, you will be an instrumental part of Bandwidth’s Network Operations Center (NOC). The ideal candidate will provision, troubleshoot, and maintain the various equipment, applications, and tools that support Bandwidth’s network infrastructure. This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skill-sets: strong capabilities in Linux is a must, but also having an understanding from networking to hardware – all while working in a complex troubleshooting environment.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You’ll Do:
- Troubleshoot systems issues
- Create documentation outlining the technical design of Bandwidth products
- Establish best practices for alerting and troubleshooting network events for the NOC team
- Providing training and mentoring for internal team members on new procedures
- Serve as an on-call escalation point for high visibility systems and networking incidents
- Develop procedures to repair and upgrade systems and equipment
- Perform network repair and after-hours maintenance activity
What You Need:
- Bachelors degree or relevant work experience
- 1 – 3 years working in Systems administration
- Deep understanding of Linux at the command line level
- Possess excellent technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strongly self-motivated to overcome challenges and identify new opportunities for process improvement
- Ability to prioritize work while multitasking
- Highly driven to constantly improve skills and gain new knowledge
- Experience with RHEV or other virtualization
- Experience with containers (Docker, etc.)
- Familiarity with container orchestration systems (OpenShift, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Possess Industry certifications
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.