Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician (1st or 2nd Shift) (Wednesday-Saturday)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
As a Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician (1st or 2nd Shift), you will be an instrumental part of the Bandwidth Network Operations Center (NOC). The ideal candidate will investigate and troubleshoot the various equipment, applications and tools that support Bandwidth’s voice and messaging network infrastructure. This is a role that requires individuals to display diligence and quickly learning skillsets ranging from IP networking to VoIP knowledge in a complex troubleshooting environment.
This position is for Wednesday – Saturday (Saturday is 7AM-7PM)
What You’ll Do:
- Perform identification classification, prioritization of incidents affecting the Bandwidth network
- Create and maintain trouble tickets with service providers and internal teams to drive incidents to resolution
- Perform tasks associated with resolving high-priority incidents; coordinating troubleshooting bridge, engaging internal resources and service providers
- Take ownership of each incident and perform escalations where required
- Troubleshoot VoIP calls at the SIP level
- Follow processes and procedures provided by senior NOC personnel
What You Need:
- Bachelors degree or relevant work experience
- 1-3 years working in a network operations environment
- Understanding of carrier-level VoIP-based technologies
- Possess excellent technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to work additional shifts where required
- Strongly self-motivated, willing to overcome problems and identify new opportunities for process improvement
- Ability to prioritize work while multi-tasking
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of issues with limited supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication
- 2 or 4 year Technical degree or experience working in a technical environment
- Technical industry certifications are a plus
- Technical troubleshooting experience
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.