Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
As a Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician, you will be an instrumental part of the Bandwidth Network Operations Center (NOC). The ideal candidate will investigate and troubleshoot the various equipment, applications and tools that support Bandwidth’s voice network infrastructure. This is a role that requires individuals to display diligence and quickly learning skillsets in a complex troubleshooting environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform identification classification, prioritization of incidents affecting the Bandwidth network
- Create and maintain trouble tickets with service providers and internal teams to drive incidents to resolution
- Perform tasks associated with resolving high-priority incidents; coordinating troubleshooting bridge, engaging internal resources and service providers
- Take ownership of each incident and perform escalations where required
- Troubleshoot VoIP calls at the SIP level
- Work with partners to troubleshoot TDM circuit issues
- Follow processes and procedures provided by senior NOC personnel
- Work with teams to implement solutions to reduce customer impact during incidents
What You Need:
- Bachelors degree or relevant work experience
- 1-3 years working in a network operations environment
- Understanding of carrier-level VoIP-based technologies
- Possess excellent technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to work additional shifts where required
- Strongly self-motivated, willing to overcome problems and identify new opportunities for process improvement
- Ability to prioritize work while multi-tasking
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of issues with limited supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication
- 2 or 4 year Technical degree or experience working in a technical environment
- Technical industry certifications are a plus
- Technical troubleshooting experience
- Experience troubleshooting TDM Networks, PSTN, SS7
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.