Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a NOC Engineer to join our NOC (Network Operations Center) team in our brand new office in Dublin.
You will work as part of a vibrant bunch of people across San Francisco, Raleigh, Austin, Los Angeles, London, Brussels, Iasi, Dublin, Seoul and Hong Kong.
The NOC Engineer will give technical support to the customers. You will also monitors Bandwidth’s network and the VoIP carriers’ network.
What You’ll Do:
Monitor our network cardio by:
– Utilizing our various monitoring and alerting tools
– Managing issues, including troubleshooting issues and liaising with ticket processing
– Proactively informing customers of detected issues
Handling our Customer and prospect support via ticketing by:
– Troubleshooting Customer issues and communicating progress in the ticket to the customers
– Helping the customers with the configuration of Bandwidth services
– Solving issues or escalate them further to carriers or to 2nd Level VoIP & Network Support Engineer
– Ensuring high rate of customer satisfaction
Manage Projects & Documentation by:
– Going through testing cycle of new technologies
– Enhancing the technical documentation
– Testing compliance of new carriers or partners before closing of agreement
What You’ll Need:
• A Bachelor degree or equivalent by experience.
• (Ideally) Some previous technical support experience.
• Knowledge of SIP and TCP/IP will help you on your daily job.
• Basic understanding in Linux systems, Java applications or open-source VoIP applications and SS7 network would be much appreciated.
• The capacity to provide professional feedback to customers in any circumstances.
• The ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
• Excellent organization skills to manage several work streams simultaneously.
• A customer service oriented approach.
• Eager to learn and known for having an eye for details and stress-resistant.
• Experience of working within an ITIL framework.
• Self-motivation – your team can rely on you to get the job done.
• Creative and able to work in highly critical situation.
• Excellent written and oral skills in English, any other languages are an asset.
• Willing and able to work on shifts (weekends & Bank Holidays).
Sound good? We’re offering…
• A fantastic working environment from our bright, modern and serviced office in Dublin, Ireland, close to the beautiful Stephens Green
• An opportunity to work with a diverse workforce from across 34 nationalities.
• Competitive salary and perks
• Meet-up and travel opportunities for knowledge exchange
• Healthy snacks and drinks including fancy coffee for caffeine addicts
• Communication allowance
• Health insurance
• Pension scheme
• Bike to work scheme
• Company devices and goodies
• Regular social events and (unforgettable) company events… we’re a fan of fun!
Because We care…
Bandwidth is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Bandwidth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.