Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
As a NOC Network Engineer, you will be an instrumental part of Bandwidth.com’s Network Operations Center (NOC). The ideal candidate will provision, troubleshoot and maintain the various equipment and connections that supports Bandwidth’s IP network infrastructure. This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skill-sets: strong capabilities in IP is a must, but also having an understanding of IP network design, plus customer-handling capabilities – all while working in a complex troubleshooting environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Troubleshoot IP Network issues including BGP, OSPF, packet loss, and physical errors
- Provision new customer and carrier interconnections with the Bandwidth IP network
- Provision new site-to-site VPN connections
- Create documentation outlining the technical design of Bandwidth’s IP Network
- Establish best practices for alerting and troubleshooting network events for the NOC team
- Provide training and mentoring for internal team members on new procedures
- Serve as an on-call escalation point for high visibility IP network issues
- Develop procedures to configure and repair network equipment
- Perform network repair and after-hours maintenance activity
- Work with an international team of engineers troubleshooting issues
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Or 2 – 5 years working in a network operations environment
- Deep understanding of Carrier or Enterprise IP Networks
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment at the command line level
- Experience with Router, Switch, and Firewall configuration and troubleshooting
- Possess excellent technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strongly self-motivated to overcome challenges and identify new opportunities for process improvement
- Highly driven to constantly improve skills and gain new knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication with an emphasis on building a stronger team
- 2 or 4 year Technical degree or equivalent experience working in technical environment
- Experience with VoIP traffic across a major enterprise/carrier network
- Experience with Juniper networking equipment
- Possess at least CCNA level certifications
- Scripting abilities are a bonus
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.