Number Porting Specialist, Strategic
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Bandwidth’s Number Porting Specialists focus on direct carrier relationships to better assist our customers. Local Number Portability, order processing including placing orders through various software and web-based interfaces, monitoring orders through Portability life cycle, porting on status of orders being worked, dialogue with field technicians during their onsite testing both prior to and on day of customer activation. Work with Clearing House provider and losing Service Provider to establish FOC acceptance. This position will require excellent customer service skills in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment focused on delivering a variety of communications services. As a Number Porting Specialist, you will be the main point of contact for porting related escalations, internal questions, and customer requests. The ideal candidate will be a leader and a team player that can strategically problem-solve while maintaining focus under pressure. The ideal candidate will be a leader to the team, inviting questions and offering help whenever needed. The ideal candidate must be able to work closely with multiple vendors, building and maintaining relationships, to drive faster resolution of issues.
What You’ll Do:
- Works closely with sales and product management to fully understand the LNP, Toll Free, and NextGEN products.
- Assist customers during the number porting process to ensure a seamless transition resolving issues and removing roadblocks throughout the process.
- Order management for local, off net and toll-free numbers through various interfaces including, Iris, ZenDesk, and 3rd party platforms with a high level of accuracy and quality..
- Manage and monitor all stages of order implementation up to and through order completion.
- Provide constant, professional communication of information to customers, vendors, and internal team members via email, phone, chat, and customer user interface.
- Perform follow up actions as necessary for incomplete orders and or rejected orders.
- Obtains and validates CSRs from incumbent LEC or internal sources.
- Obtain a Letter of Agency (LOA) from the customer to request Customer Service Records (CSRs) from incumbent LEC.
- Create and activate telephone numbers in SOA/NPAC.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the overall Porting experience for both customers and Bandmates
- Act as the point person during customer and vendor calls maintaining relationships and driving results.
- Follow-through communication on open carrier escalations, provisioning, and system updates.
- Assist internal teams with training opportunities, questions, or issues.
- Be the first level of escalation and coordinate with team leads/managers as needed.
- Cultivate strong relationships with external carriers to facilitate faster problem resolution.
What You Need:
- BS/BSA or equivalent experience is required.
- 2+ years of working knowledge of the VoIP industry with strong understanding of LNP processes
- Must be able to deliver world-class experiences to customers.
- Advanced experience and expertise with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and/or Google Docs required.
- Ability to both multitask and to transition from task to task in a fast-paced environment
- Acute attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Strong organization skills.
- Must be a solution-oriented problem solver.
- Great communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to adapt to new processes and procedures.
- Comfortable establishing and documenting new business processes.
- Self-motivated and must work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Base level knowledge of a variety of Bandwidth products.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.