Number Porting Specialist
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Number Porting Specialist to come and join our Number Operations Porting Team in Dublin as we continue with exciting projects, facilitating communications worldwide.
As one of the most exciting companies in the tech space, Bandwidth is growing fast. With offices in Belgium, Romania, UK and US, we are looking for dynamic and motivated talents willing to contribute to our success story.
The Number Portability Specialist is the owner of the full number portability process of the assigned countries. He/she is responsible also for additional countries processes to back-up the rest of the team in case of need.
What You’ll Do:
- Input LNP (Local Number Portability) data into Bandwidth back office systems.
- Collect and analyze data downloaded from Bandwidth ´s back office systems to ensure data is correct and respects number portability process requirements.
- On the basis of customers demand, submit porting request in the different countries relevant systems.
- Liaising with customers where required to get relevant information to update back office tools systems.
- Track and report on all LNP requests until verified that they have been completed successfully.
- Keep customers informed of the status of their requests.
- Reply customers enquiries regarding Number Portability processes or to general questions,
- Liaise with Sales team whenever it is needed to ensure customer’s satisfaction.
- Initiate and lead escalations and identify customer pain points
- Represent the team in project calls
- Execute basic quality tests to verify completion of LNP requests using Voxbone tools (internal software and possible newly developed tools within the company).
- Report any failure or bug identified in the internal systems/processes or external partners systems/processes and follow it up until it has been correctly resolved.
- Participate in the testing of the failure reported to ensure the fix proposed is line with the requests placed.
- Implement and oversee operational systems and communication used by our partners when possible.
- Ensure that relevant data are ready to be used for monthly reports.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports according with the guidelines given to the team.
What You Need:
- Bachelor degree level or equivalent through experience
- Minimum 2 years professional experience
- Fluent in English (written and verbal). Another European language is a strong asset
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with an excellent level in Excel
- Be very rigorous and have accurate numeracy skills
- Have strong analytical and reporting skills
- Have an eye for details
- Be pro-active & team player
- Ready to adapt to an international team mindset
- Be well organized, able to prioritize and plan ahead
- Customer service experience
- Experience with data processing
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop & Mobile phone with a competitive subscription plan, and an internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- We contribute 5% of monthly gross salary into your private pension
- Health & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- Commute to work scheme. Allows you to make huge savings on the cost of Rail and Dublin City Bus (monthly or annual) tickets by deducting the amount directly from your gross salary, saving you between 28.5% and 52%, depending on ticket type and your tax band
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.