Operations Manager, Toll Free
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Toll Free Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations within the team including (but not limited to) establishing team schedules, responding to internal and customer inquiries, establishing a team training regimen & schedule, providing both direct support to Porting Team Lead as well as support directly to team members. The Manager will act as a second-level point of escalation for Enterprise customers issues resulting during the number porting or feature provisioning process. The successful candidate should be a subject matter expert in porting and an inspiring leader who provides fanatical customer support.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand the feature set and services offered within the Bandwidth Voice over IP (VoIP) portfolio as they are related to voice services.
- Define and implement set of key performance indicators (KPI) measuring ticket performance, order cycle time, throughput, on-time delivery and call metrics.
- Define & implement organizational improvement initiatives (process, policy & automation) based upon intimate process knowledge, industry best-practices and KPI data.
- Assist customers and internal teams with escalations and issues related to porting and feature provisioning.
- Support and evolve an effective framework for balancing workload assignments, team member scheduling and work distribution.
- Create and/or facilitate the creation of training guides, customer-facing documentation and internal processes.
- Conduct routine audits of Porting tickets, phone calls and orders, compiling feedback and delivering effective feedback to Porting team members and management.
- Define, develop and execute methods designed to provide a world-class customer experience.
- Lead regular team meetings.
- Develop process improvements based upon expertise and observed efficiency opportunities.
What You Need:
- Education: B.A., preferably in telecommunications, communications or business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with full Microsoft Office suite and Google (gmail, google docs, etc)
- Experience with Local Number Portability and VoIP service providers
- Demonstrated leadership skills; a team player who leads by example. You should be a natural leader who fosters change and innovation.
- Demonstrated & thorough understanding of local number portability, service order activation, and industry-standard service intervals.
- Demonstrated experience in defining and managing KPI’s for a team.
- Ability and desire to be flexible, embrace change and learn quickly.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.