People Services Specialist
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The People Services Specialist works with the People Services team to provide support on the day-to-day operations, including payroll processing or benefits administration support for Bandwidth International employees, record-keeping, and assisting with all internal and external People Services related queries/requests, as well as partnering with the Global Facilities and Events Teams to coordinate and negotiate with local initiatives, office space, projects, and suppliers.
What You’ll Do:
- Payroll, Benefits and People Services Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the Payroll and Benefits Manager during the preparation of the international monthly payroll run, including reporting new hires, leavers, and employee changes.
- Providing monthly payroll reports to the Finance team and supporting the international PS team during payroll audits.
- Managing the international absence and PTO portal and being the first point of contact for employees for queries or requests.
- Administering the international employee benefits packages, including enrolling new hires into the medical insurance or the pension plan, supporting the PS team with ad-hoc campaigns (e.g. flu shots, medical checks), and helping employees with their queries.
- Managing other employee benefits such as vouchers (meal vouchers, gift vouchers, eco vouchers), transportation schemes, and ad-hoc employee gifts.
- Maintaining employee records up-to-date and supporting the PS team with the preparation of employment verification files.
- Welcoming new starters to the office, helping to onboard and orientate them.
- Being a focal point of contact for those onsite for all people services queries and questions. Directing Bandmates to the correct teams and raising awareness of anything onsite that requires attention with the relevant People Services contacts.
- Helping to foster an inclusive culture and diversity through collaborating with Bandmates in the region, promoting company body/mind/spirit challenges, and ensuring Bandmates are aware of company initiatives accessible to them.
- Local Facilities support:
- Acting as a single point of contact for all local office suppliers (food and drinks, cleaning crew, general office supplies, new hire welcome packs, plants, office seasonal decorations, etc).
- Organizing and scheduling any type of repair work around the office in collaboration with building management.
- Collaborating with the Global Facilities team in projects such as our upcoming office move in Spring 2023, and ensuring employees are comfortable and enjoy their new workspace.
- Local Events and other corporate activities:
- Coordinate corporate events (team lunches/dinners or activities on certain occasions, seasonal celebrations, and other company gatherings.)
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or similar concentration
- 1-2 years of human resources experience (either generalist, payroll & benefits, employee relations, etc)
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources processes, procedures, and practices and functional knowledge European employment laws and regulations
- Fluent in Romanian and English, French is a plus
- Able to work in an organized and structured manner
- Proactive, dynamic and hands-on approach
- Ability to work with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- A creative problem solver, being cool, calm and collected in your approach
- Competent in managing multiple projects simultaneously across diverse functions, sites, and countries and work with a remote manager and team
- Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Excellent computer, analytical, and organizational skills
- Work closely with others as part of a team while being able to take full responsibility for a task
- Happy to work in an international tech company with colleagues all around the globe across multiple time zones
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop and Internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- Mobile allowance
- Health & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- Meal vouchers and gift vouchers
- Gym reimbursement
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years + Defered bank holidays (public holidays that fall in weekends can be taken on any other day)
- Bandwidth applies the salary tax exemption to our software programmers
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.