Platform Engineer (AWS/Kubernetes)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Platform Engineer (AWS/Kubernetes) who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on our team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. Also, empathetic and curious individuals who have committed themselves to being lifetime learners. Come learn and teach with us as we continue to deliver incredible value to our customers.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You’ll Do:
- Advance our Kubernetes/OpenShift, Cloud automation, configuration management, and other tooling
- Design scalable and resilient systems to keep pace with company growth
- Improve efficiency and overall system performance
- Enhance our GitOps systems & practices
- Harden the platform against security threats and resource contention
- Work with app teams to understand potential challenges & help them choose optimal architectures.
- Contribute back to the Open Source community
- Help respond & prevent incidents impacting the core platforms
- Participate in the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process
- Spearhead innovation by bringing new ideas back to the team
What You Need:
- Proficiency in a programming language (Go, Bash, Typescript, etc.)
- How to monitor production infrastructure with technologies such as (Datadog, Elastic Stack, or Prometheus)
- The Linux operating system and how to troubleshoot
- Hybrid cloud / on premise Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Configuration management tools such as (Ansible or Terraform)
- Familiarity with:
- One or more cloud providers such as (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- CI/CD registry and toolings such as (Github Actions, Jenkins, etc.)
- Artifact repository technologies such as (Artifactory, DockerHub, ECR, or ghcr.io)
- Container technologies such as (Docker or CRI-O, Zones, LXC)
- Experience operating Kuberenetes on-premise at scale in capacities including SRE, systems design or architecture
- Providing guidance and building platforms across multiple zones & regions in a distributed highly-available app
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.