Platform Engineer (AWS/Kubernetes)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Platform Engineer (AWS/Kubernetes) who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on our team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. Also, empathetic and curious individuals who have committed themselves to being lifetime learners. Come learn and teach with us as we continue to deliver incredible value to our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Advance our Kubernetes/OpenShift, Cloud automation, configuration management, and other tooling
- Design scalable and resilient systems to keep pace with company growth
- Improve efficiency and overall system performance
- Enhance our GitOps systems & practices
- Harden the platform against security threats and resource contention
- Work with app teams to understand potential challenges & help them choose optimal architectures.
- Contribute back to the Open Source community
- Help respond & prevent incidents impacting the core platforms
- Participate in the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process
- Spearhead innovation by bringing new ideas back to the team
What You Need:
- Proficiency in a programming language (Go, Bash, Typescript, etc.)
- How to monitor production infrastructure with technologies such as (Datadog, Elastic Stack, or Prometheus)
- The Linux operating system and how to troubleshoot
- Hybrid cloud / on premise Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Configuration management tools such as (Ansible or Terraform)
- Familiarity with:
- One or more cloud providers such as (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- CI/CD registry and toolings such as (Github Actions, Jenkins, etc.)
- Artifact repository technologies such as (Artifactory, DockerHub, ECR, or ghcr.io)
- Container technologies such as (Docker or CRI-O, Zones, LXC)
- Experience operating Kuberenetes on-premise at scale in capacities including SRE, systems design or architecture
- Providing guidance and building platforms across multiple zones & regions in a distributed highly-available app
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.