Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
You will be responsible for the base layers of our infrastructure and will take end-to-end ownership of their design, implementation, monitoring and solve issues when they arise. The production environment you will be responsible for will span over the multiple POPs we have around Europe, the Americas and Asia.
You will be part of a highly skilled and trained team with a vast variety of responsibilities and broad knowledge. You’ll be working with other Platform and SREs engineers but also Network and Switching Engineers and in close relation with architects, project managers, product owners, developers and NOC members. You’ll have a transversal view on all Voxbone projects and could be involved in design discussions from other team’s projects as well.
You’ll work as part of a team of people across San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, London, Brussels, Iasi, Seoul, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
You’ll function as a member of the Platform team, creating rock-solid bases on which development teams and product teams can run their tools. You ensure the solution meets all the requirements for availability, security, monitoring, alerting and scaling. You will automate, test, challenge and demand to be challenged. You believe in “strong opinions, weakly held” and you’re eager to learn.
Your expertise resolves around Ansible, Linux and combining it with or more of the following:
Messaging and streaming
Docker (standalone + Swarm)
SDS (Ceph, Swift, S3 like)
SDN (OVS/OVN, Cisco ACI)
What You Need:
• More than at ease with Linux systems & services.
• Excellent knowledge of scripting languages like bash, Python & others.
• Recognized knowledge of Linux administration, containers internals and virtualization.
• Experience with database management and storage systems.
• You care about Security.
• Self-motivation – your team can rely on you to get the job done.
• Ability to prioritize in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
• You have great communications skills.
• You are creative and able to work in a highly critical situation.
• Excellent written and oral skills in English, any other languages are always an asset.
• Strong identification with Voxbone’s Strangely Simple Principles.
Sound good? We’re offering…
• A fantastic working environment, Avenue Louise
• A place where you will be fully supported and encouraged to achieve great things and learn
• A chance to join a company with huge growth plans and constant change
• Frequent social events and activities
• Free healthy snacks and drinks (including fancy coffee)
• Public transport allowance
• Daily lunch allowance
• Pension plan
• Hospitalization insurance
• Company laptop, phone and mobile plan
Because We care…
Bandwidth is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Bandwidth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.