Porting Specialist (Temporary)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Porting Specialist (Temporary) to come and join our Carrier Operations Department based in in the US, Austin.
As one of the most exciting companies in the tech space, BWI is growing fast. With offices in Belgium, Romania, UK and US, we are looking for dynamic and motivated talents willing to contribute to our success story.
The Number Portability Specialist is the owner of the full number portability process of the assigned countries. He/she is responsible also for additional countries processes to back-up the rest of the team in case of need.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
**Temporary job assignment from October 2021 – February 2022. The temporary job assignment may lead to a full-time, permanent role.
What You’ll Do:
- Input LNP (Local Number Portability) data into Bandwidth back office systems.
- Collect and analyze data downloaded from Bandwidth’s back office systems to ensure data is correct and respects number portability process requirements.
- On the basis of customers demand, submit porting request in the different countries relevant systems.
- Liaising with customers where required to get relevant information to update back office tools systems.
- Track and report on all LNP requests until verified that they have been completed successfully.
- Keep customers informed of the status of their requests.
- Reply customers enquiries regarding Number Portability processes or to general questions,
- Liaise with Sales team whenever it is needed to ensure customer’s satisfaction.
- Execute basic quality tests to verify completion of LNP requests using Bandwidth tools (internal software and possible newly developed tools within the company).
- Report any failure or bug identified in the internal systems/processes or external partners systems/processes and follow it up until it has been correctly resolved.
- Participate in the testing of the failure reported to ensure the fix proposed is line with the requests placed.
- Implement and oversee operational systems and communication used by our partners when possible.
- Ensure that relevant data are ready to be used for monthly reports.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports according with the guidelines given to the team.
What You Need:
- Bachelor degree level or equivalent through experience
- Minimum 1 years professional experience
- Fluent in English (written and oral). German, French and Spanish are a strong asset
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with an excellent level in Excel
- Be very rigorous and have accurate numeracy skills
- Have strong analytical and reporting skills
- Have an eye for details
- Be pro-active & team player
- Be well organized, able to prioritize and plan ahead
- Customer service experience
- Experience with data processing
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.