Product Management Intern (R&D) – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for a Product Management Intern (R&D) who is hungry for real-world experience on a team that researches the future of communications. Interested in VR, Machine Learning, and the future of programming and automation? Those are just a few areas we’re working on.
We’re seeking somebody who loves thinking about delivering great experiences customers will love. Someone who has the attention to detail, technical vision, and discipline to see things through to completion. Ideally, we’ll find somebody who comes back to work with us full time upon graduation.
If your idea of fun is contemplating the nuances that make technology products great, we’d like to hear from you.
What You’ll Do:
You’re going to conduct research related to market data and collect customer feedback. You are going to actively work on converting ideas into opportunities through a measured scientific process requiring forming hypotheses, testing them, and helping to draw conclusions from the outcomes. You’ll collaborate with our team to build prototypes, execute technology tests, and work as an integral part of the R&D team. You’ll get exposed to new techniques and technologies, and will get great feedback on your work that will help you advance your skills in Product Management.
What You Need:
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You’re a candidate for an undergraduate or graduate management, technology, or computer science degree (or similar), and your great work ethic is exemplified by your strong academic record
- You have experience with APIs, microservice architecture, and maybe even modern telecommunications APIs
- For you, technology is more than an educational path; it’s a passion. You do it in your free time because it’s what you love to do.
- You’re familiar with web technologies, databases and cloud services such as AWS or Azure. You’ve built or participated in defining working systems that combine these to solve real problems.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.