Product Manager (Messaging)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Product Manager (Messaging) with 3-5 years of product management/product owner experience with repeated and demonstrated competence for identifying, developing, and launching new products to market. This position will lead the continued expansion of Bandwidth’s Messaging products. A successful candidate will be able to determine competitive positioning for features and pricing; define, prioritize, and drive product development as the Product Owner (PO) for a development team; and coordinate go-to-market requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Create clear detailed requirements to lead Messaging product development. Have proven written communication skills needed to write clear stories; define acceptance criteria at sufficient detail for development; and refine, collect, and maintain reports on KPIs tied to product success and backlog investments.
- Gather information from customers, working with UX other product owners, sales engineering, product leadership, and operations to refine and advance Messaging products to ensure sales goals, customer experience goals, and customer business needs are met or exceeded.
- Source new ideas for features and improvements based on market requirements, existing ideas, and internal and external customer input. Create and maintain a clear, organized backlog of prioritized feature work for development, product leadership, and stakeholders to understand business value.
- Develop subject matter expertise in portfolio products in order to communicate product requirements and objectives clearly among immediate product team members within development, marketing, sales, and operations
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with customers to be able to gain valuable access to them for ideas and validating designs.
- Partner with our UX team to clearly define customer personas, and use cases and create clarity around their needs.
- Test our products and be able to train our internal teams on their use and best practices as you launch new products. Be able to write detailed FAQs and How-To guides for internal training.
- Create and contribute content to product internal strategy and give team-level presentations.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of product management experience, preferably in cloud or software platform industries.
- Repeated and demonstrated competence in identifying, developing, and launching new products to market.
- Demonstrated experience with determining competitive landscape and providing competitive product positioning.
- Experience with product financials, including: analyzing and setting product pricing; determining discount structures; and margin analysis.
- Experience with establishing and coordinating go-to-market requirements for new product launches.
- Experience working in an Agile environment as a scrum product owner (PO).
- Proven ability to balance an existing portfolio and deliver new products in high-visibility, fast-paced, high-growth environments.
- Strong understanding of Product specification, business case development, industry and competitive analysis with a passion for learning new technology
- Experience launching cloud-based software products in an agile environment, particularly in the communications industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Critical thinker and solution-oriented problem solver
- A fearless, never-settle attitude that will challenge the way we do things, and a refusal to accept the status quo; making us even better than we are today
- Broad experience with software design and development technologies and methodologies
- Commitment to personal development and balance; extracting a sense of achievement, enjoyment, pride and fulfillment from every business day
- Knowledge of Agile, APIs, AWS, and cloud platform services
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.