Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Product Manager for Voice Insights that will lead the creation and evolution of Bandwidth’s global Insights product suite through data-driven storytelling and an actionable and guided self-service user experience.
You will help manage our global voice data pipeline and the insights that get built on top of it. As the Product Owner for a scrum-based development team, you are passionate about our current and future customers, bringing their voice to the development team and prioritizing the product backlog.
To ensure the product’s overall success, you will also partner with Marketing, Sales, Operations and Finance, among others, to set the vision, define and execute the product strategy, and ensure early and repeatable on-going success of major product launches.
What You’ll Do:
1. Create and own the long-term product vision, develop the product strategy for bringing the vision to reality and drive execution through the scrum product team backlog.
2. Evaluate product progress and be accountable to business outcomes such as product adoption, monetization and gross margin goals.
3. Make key results and goals visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
4. Be the voice of the customer, collaborate with customers to define capabilities and solutions bringing to market revenue-generating, customer-driven software products.
5. Act as primary internal liaison, collaborating with internal stakeholders and users (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc.) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans and pricing frameworks all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
6. Ensure the product is designed based on deep knowledge of the users, market, and technology translating market observations and customer feedback into a prioritized product backlog.
7. Manage and prioritize the product backlog for value – identify dependencies, prioritize based on strategy, create backlog items and contribute to Sprint goal planning based on backlog priorities.
8. Support the development team to deliver innovation and to refine and improve the development process, by contributing to planning, supporting the development of the product and review each sprint to translate vision and business strategy to maximize overall value.
What You’ll Need:
● BA/BS degree or equivalent.
● 3 years Experience with delivering complex products or platforms.
● Experience working with Agile Scrum Methodologies.
● Ability to combine internal user data and customer feedback to map the product experience.
● Highly analytical skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications.
●. Blend strategic and tactical thinking- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent and clearly communicate and engage with key stakeholder.
Sound good? We’re offering…
• A fantastic working environment from our bright and modern office in Spitalfields, London
• Competitive salary and perks
• Frequent social events and company goodies
• Free healthy snacks and drinks including fancy coffee for caffeine addicts
• Health insurance
• Pension scheme
• Work laptop and mobile phone including monthly plan
Because We care…
Bandwidth is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Bandwidth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.