Product Operations Manager
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Bandwidth is seeking a passionate and hardworking Manager to join our Messaging Product Operations team to help reach scale and growth needs. The Product Operations Manager will support the Messaging Product Operations team, internal teams as well as our most valued customers. Our goal is to create value and build partnerships within Bandwidth and beyond. We are a growing, detail oriented, efficient and proactive team. Our next teammate will need to be curious, intuitive, and a problem solver with an analytical mind.
Product Operations is a core competency of any successful delivery organization that sits within the Product organization, centered on building confidence and trust with our customers and partners through focused efforts around process efficiency and measured & managed continuous improvements initiatives. The Product Operations organization acts as the connective tissue between product development and operational teams to ensure we are building the right way and bringing our teams and customers along for the journey
What You’ll Do:
- Vendor management and/or relationship management experience.
- Experience creating customer-facing FAQs, product descriptions, internal how-to guides, references, articles, dashboards and assist with product support documentation and project milestones for product launches.
- Challenge what is with what should be – dig deeper into areas that need improvement whether that be in data, processes, documentation, communication, revenue gaps, etc. and drive resolution of these issues.
- Be an advocate for spreading Messaging knowledge throughout Bandwidth – host trainings, provide documentation and additional support to Bandwidth Sales and Operations teams.
- Possess proven analytical skills, be curious, and able to develop subject matter expertise in messaging products. Apply this expertise to support the messaging product team, customers and other internal teams to research and solve problems.
- Be a great communicator, work well with customers and internal teams. Have proven written, verbal and listening skills to help solve complex problems using tact, common courtesy, persuasion and discretion.
- Create and continuously improve our processes for maintaining FAQs, release notes, and product documentation to deliver great customer and user experiences as we rapidly grow the number of customers we serve.
- Be a great team member, partner with bandmates to effectively communicate, ask insightful questions, align resources, prioritize work and identify themes or patterns to persistently and proactively reach a solution where possible
- Act as an auxiliary for the Operations team – assist with knowledge transfer, identifying and closing revenue gaps, provide data for back billing and support the team during monthly close by answering audit questions and verifying surcharge rates/amounts.
- Monitor and notify internal teams of traffic anomalies including loops, fraud events and unexpected spikes in traffic.
- Own your own backlog – self manage and prioritize responsibilities based on biggest business impact
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years Operations experience
- Minimum 3 years of work experience managing multiple priorities and working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build productive relationships with collaborators
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities; manage time, multiple tasks, and deadlines effectively
- Advance level of proficiency with Excel and experience using Powerpoint
- Ability to thrive and maintain accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Analytical, problem solving, communication (written, verbal, and listening) and organizational skills
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.