Product Support Engineer
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Product Support Engineer is a critical member of the Technical Assistance Center, partnering with customers to ensure they are using Bandwidth’s products and services to maximum effect in the service of their end-users’ needs. This role is a key differentiator for Bandwidth in the marketplace.
The Product Support Engineer will be a primary source of knowledge for customers and will act as a consultant, guide, and guru for complex integration questions. This team member will also assist as a second-level escalation for integration questions from existing customers. In this role, the team member will incorporate lessons-learned from customer interactions and (in conjunction with organizational leaders) work to improve the internal and customer-facing training and documentation.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide guidance, coaching, and support in the use and implementation of Bandwidth’s API’s for Telephone Number Management, Voice Call Control, SMS / MMS Messaging, and Order Management.
- Provide implementation, design, and usage support including best practices for complex customer implementations.
- Provide guidance and technical expertise (and sometimes coaching) to customers throughout their customer lifecycle.
- Provide prioritized feedback to Product teams about the feature and functionality enhancement needs as well as feedback on the effectiveness of customer facing documentation.
- Provide prioritized feedback to Customer Experience team about documentation and support interface enhancement needs.
- Share customer and internal pain-points with the Product, Customer Experience, and Technology teams
- Actively drive customer issues and analysis to pinpoint issues including cross-functional utilization of Technical Support (TAC), Network Operations (NOC), Engineering, Customer Account Management, and Product Management.
What You Need:
- Knowledge of API technologies/techniques REST and/or other web services
- Solid understanding of data structures and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT) or equivalent technical work experience
- Experience in software development and concepts, including debugging (e.g. Python, Java, C#)
- Experience supporting voice and messaging networks.
- Experience supporting products that rely on APIs and Web Services.
- Strong understanding of network protocols including SIP, TCP, DNS, TLS, HTTP(S).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal & written)
- Outstanding customer service skills
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
- Competitive Compensation: $70,000 – $105,000
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.